Saturday, May 13, 2023

Daniel 7 “Remembering”

This has been an awesome study. Exegetically, there is certainly far more I could observe from the text. There is also far more I could note regarding the connections between these prophecies and those of the rest of the Bible – especially the book of Revelation. There is just a LOT! That said, though, I think for now I’ve recorded about all I can see that I would consider valuable practical lessons for us to take from it.

I want to conclude by saying, again, what a blessing it is that our Lord gave us in the Bible teachings just like this. This one chapter, Daniel 7, shows us the vast sweep of reality from his day clear through eternity itself. It lays out earth history for us, opens our eyes to see the spirit world around us, helps us see what is truly important and what is not, and just generally helps us to have a realistic view of the world in which we live – all the while assuring us that our God is quite in control! One more time, Daniel reminds us “the Most High rules in the kingdoms of men!”

I wish I could keep this “Daniel 7” mindset all day every day. I know I can’t and won’t. This world’s raging seas and ravenous beasts will frighten me again and again. Yet, I hope having studied this chapter, perhaps I’m just that tiny bit better prepared to face those threats and yet stay confident in the Lord. Daniel has taught me it’s okay to be grieved by this world’s evil, but he’s also taught me to see our Lord above it all.

Lord, help me to remember.


No comments: