Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Daniel 7 “Cooing”

More observations: Isn’t it interesting that the Holy Spirit of God is represented in the Bible as a dove, while the kingdoms of this world, here in Daniel, are ravenous beasts? Loving the outdoors, I have all my life admired doves. They have to be the most pleasant, calm, peaceful, harmless creatures on earth. I think we all love to hear their gentle cooing. Our daughter Esther, for a while, kept an injured white dove, whom she named Winston. He was such a delight for her to keep until he regained his strength and she let him fly away!

Even as we see here in this passage, to this wicked world, the Lord comes as a fearful judge sitting on a throne of fire, with a river of fire flowing out from it, slaying the beast and throwing its body into the flaming fire. It is sad to realize that same God would be to that same world a gentle, calming dove, if only they’d let Him. Jesus calls to the world and says, “Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly of heart, and you shall find rest for your souls; for My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matt. 11:28-30). John 3:17 tells us, “For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” I wish the whole world could see the Lord for who He really is, but, for those of us who do know Him, may we rest in the gentle cooing of His Spirit! Maybe, when the beasts of this world and its raging sea seem most threatening, we should just sit back and listen to Him coo?

 

No comments: